Lawyer Joke

My Torts professor digressed from our discussion the other day in class to tell us this joke:

An airplane carrying the pilot, a 12-year old boy, a doctor, a priest, and a lawyer suddenly found themselves in danger - the plane malfunctioned and a crash was imminent. On board the plane were only four parachutes, so the group quickly got together to decide who would get the chutes.

The doctor spoke up, "I'm a doctor and I save people's lives, so I should get a parachute." They all agreed, so he grabbed one and jumped out.

Next, the priest spoke up, "I'm a priest and I save people's souls. That's even more important, so I should get a parachute." They all agreed, so he grabbed one and jumped out.

Next, the lawyer spoke up, "I'm one of the smartest men in the world, so I should get a parachute." He then quickly grabbed one and jumped out.

With only one parachute left, the pilot turned to the 12-year old boy and said, "Well, you're young and have your whole life ahead of you. You take the parachute." The boy quickly responded, "It's OK. We can both take a parachute. The smartest man in the world just grabbed my backpack."

1 comment:

  1. LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!
    I'm still laughing!
    That was funny!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete