Release the Hounds!

I'm into my second week of law school and things are still going good. I'm starting to get some pretty big work loads. On Monday I only have two classes so I'm done at 12:00. However, Tuesdays are my busiest days - FIVE classes. So I usually have a busy day studying on Monday. After taking about a half hour to come home, eat lunch, and see my family, I get back to studying. Yesterday, I got back to school at 12:30 and ended up staying there until 7:30 pm! I only got up twice during that span to get a drink of water (about a one minute break). That's a whole lot of studying! Interesting thing is, when I'm doing my work, time just flies! Before I knew it, it was 7:30! (Truth be told, I actually didn't get it all done. I neglected my reading for legal writing. But I figured I could get away with it this one time...and I did.)

The material is so awesome to study! I'm loving every second of it. So far we've read a pretty substantial number of cases (I've listed them on the left side), with a variety of situations. I really enjoy coming home and talking to Heidi about them and getting her take on it. We usually agree.

Speaking of Heidi, she has turned out to be freakin' Betty Crocker! She's an amazing cook! We've had some excellent dinners here in Laramie, courtesy of Miss Crocker herself! Tonight was Chicken Curry and it was cooked perfectly with the perfect proportions! We've had Ranch Enchiladas, pizza, baked cheesy potato crisps, just to name a few. She's so good to have dinner ready for me when I get home. What a great wife, eh? I couldn't be doing this without her.

As for the social situation, we went up to the ward campout this past Friday. We got to mingle with some more of the ward members. In fact, we met a girl who was friends with Kaylyn - Shane's (my buddy) wife. Small world. We did have a tense moment on the trip though. We left town with less than a quarter tank of gas in the Element and we had to drive UP the mountain about 45 minutes. The gas light came on half way there. ** gulp ** I didn't think that we'd make it back but I coasted in neutral most of the way back and the Hallewells followed us just in case. By the time I pulled into the gas station, my needle was far below the empty line! (Dad would have shook his head in disgust if he would have known!)

Wednesday we're having another couple from the ward over to play the Wii. The Nish's. They live in the same complex as us and they just moved here too (from Canada). Cool couple. They're expecting a baby soon. Also, since they're from out of the country, neither is allowed to work. He goes to school and she stays home all day. So Heidi has someone nearby she can do stuff with, if she wants.

Well, other than that there's not much else to say. Heidi is posting our apartment pics on her blog, so that's something you can check out. We had dime-sized hail the other day! That would be worth putting some pictures on for! I'll have Heidi put it on her blog.

For now, I better go. My professors have "released the hounds" and I better get running or I'll get devoured! ** yipe! **

No comments:

Post a Comment