Check, Please!

So to start off, I've got some good news from school. I have a Contracts class that is VERY intense. My professor demands a lot from us with our reading, in-class answers, and homework. Her teaching method must be pretty effective though, because everyone in the class puts in extra time just to make sure they can keep up with her standard. I'm sure it's going to pay off in the end because I'm definately learning what I'm supposed to!

Anyway, the other day we had to turn in our case briefs for her to check. She handed them back to us along with the grade breakdown. Basically there were four possible grades. An "X" which meant that either you didn't turn it in or your brief was atrocious. A "Check Minus" which meant that you got credit for turning in your brief, but it wasn't very good and lacked a lot of the reasoning necessary. Next, is a plain ol' "Check." This meant that you did an average job for a first year law student. You met her expectations, but still lacked quite a bit. And last was a "Check Plus" which meant: "Exceeded expectations for beginning law student." I'm sure you know what I'm about to say. Yup. Yours truly got a check plus! There's 83 students in my class and only 16 got a check plus. 33 got a check. 25 got a check minus. 6 got an X. So that's a good start.

Anyway, it's amazing that it has been four weeks of school already! I guess a few weeks passed me by while my nose was buried in law books. It's been a far different experience thus far than I thought it would be. I was warned that law school would be extremely stressful, difficult, and I would never see my family. But, that's not how I would describe my experience so far.

My stress level has been relatively low (after all, I don't know what there is to stress about).

Law school hasn't been especially difficult either. Granted, I haven't had any tests yet. But the material we've covered seems pretty straight forward and I understand what's being taught (at least as far as I know!).

And finally, I actually see my family more now then I did before. I get to come home for lunch every day, I have Saturday and Sunday to spend the entire day with them, and I get home from school about six or seven every night. That's more time then when I was working full time!

So far, so good. I've had no problem getting motivated to read and study for hours on end because I'm really enthralled with the subject matter. So, hopefully I can keep it up. If there's any changes, I'll let you know. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. nice job! way to kick law school's butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so Awesome Blair! You are smart anyway that is why everything makes sense! LOL!
    I have been so involved with your Blog, it is so cool, I always look forward to reading the next one.
    Good Job Bro.

    ReplyDelete