The Calm Before The Storm

Hallelujah! My Internet works (for how long - nobody knows). Just in time to post a few quick thoughts about my big day tomorrow.

How am I feeling? I don't really know. A few days ago I was feeling pretty nervous, but I'm doing a lot better now. I'm pretty excited to start learning law and going over cases (I know, I know. I'm a geek. I've gotten used to that fact). I know that they're going to throw a whole bunch of B.S. at me tomorrow trying to scare me and it will probably work. But once I start getting into the thick of it, I'll be able to be more comfortable and right now that's the image I'm picturing in my head.

I am really sad to be leaving my family home. I've had like three weeks to spend with Heidi and Trey and I've loved every second of it. I am the most happy when I'm with them and I'll be sad to be away for so many hours a day. But I suppose this sacrifice is necessary in order to give them the kind of life they deserve. I couldn't have gotten this far without them!

We're starting to find a few friends here. Sunday we attended church at our new Snowy Range Ward and met some very nice people (there was only about 40 people in attendance!). We invited over for card games on Sunday which we spent with three other couples from the ward and a bunch of kids. (Just as a side note - Trey came up behind a five year old kid, wrapped his arms around the kid's face, and promptly tackled him to the ground! Even on the ground he wouldn't let go of the kid - who was bawling! Hilarious. You had to see it.) On Monday, another couple in the ward invited us over for dinner. He is a third year law student and he gave me a lot of good advice. They are a very nice couple that I hope we will get to spend more time with.

Well, I'm just about ready for tomorrow. I got my laundry all done so I'm ready to sport my back-to-school attire. Actually, Trey helped me. The cute little kid would go get one piece of clothing out of the dryer at a time and bring it to me to fold. He stuck with it until all 20+ garments were hand delivered to me in the bedroom! What a little helper.

Well, I better get back to my family. This may be my last un-busy night for a while and I want to cherish the time while I have it. I'll see if I can find some time this week to post about my orientation.

P.S. I feel strangely like Doogie Howser (minus the old school blue screen computer). Blairgie Wardleser J.D. Not quite the same ring to it, but it'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment